Not having a toothache doesn’t mean your teeth are in top condition, specialists suggest at least one annual check-up is necessary. Check-ups and professional dental cleanings on a regular basis, along with a few good oral hygiene habits at home, are essential to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
A thorough examination of the mouth is carried out at the dental clinic in order to early detect any anomaly early, prevent tooth decay and gum or periodontal disease, the leading cause of tooth loss in adults. Every cent invested in prevention can save ten or more on specific treatments.
What does professional dental cleaning involve?
- Professional tooth cleaning or dental prophylaxis is one of the most popular dental treatments, since it plays an important preventive role.
- Broadly speaking, the aim of dental cleaning is to remove accumulated tartar and stains that may exist under the gums or teeth.
- A dental cleaning treatment lasts between 30 and 45 minutes, and is recommended at least once a year. Depending on the patient’s oral hygiene, this frequency may vary and it may be necessary to visit the clinic before for in-depth oral cleaning.
- During the appointment, we can detect issues and advise on the most appropriate method for oral cleaning at home. In addition, we will advise you about the current products on the market that work best.
Benefits of dental cleaning
- A professional dental cleaning reduces the swelling of the gums, prevents oral problems and reinforces the protection of teeth.
- It leaves a pleasant feeling of cleanliness and freshness that you don’t get with a traditional toothbrush.
- The results are visible from the moment it is finished: the mouth is in an excellent condition, clean and healthy.
- Patients and dental experts agree that dental cleaning is painless.